So it's not often that I find myself not-reading. I almost always am reading except when I'm too busy writing/listening/typing... I can't process words incoming and outgoing at the same time. It's just too confusing! No reading makes me pretty crabby.
The last couple of weeks, in all of my spare time I have been designing websites, which was... a lot of hours. Really a lot. I'm torn between sleeping (I've been averaging two hours a night) and prying my eyes awake to get through another 30 pages of print, a battle I have lost more often than I have won. Ah well! It's not a total loss, and the things I have been doing other than reading have been fullfilling too.
Tonight, for example, I'm staying up late to edit the podcast I recorded with Kevin Emerson. (It'll go live on Saturday morning for the Fellowship for Alien Detection Blog Tour! Some of the tour stops are already open, so check them out if you love road trips, aliens, and middle grade books!
In the mornings I've been listening to this year's Printz award winner, In Darkness by Nick Lake, which is a great, well-written book but very ummmm... dark? (Sorry, I'm very tired obviously.) It's a grim tale of a boy growing up as a gangster in Haiti, with his story linked to that of rebel leader Toussaint Louverture. It's just as well my commute is only 40 minutes long or I'd probably be a crying, sloppy mess from all the emotion in this book. And I know it's a form of "reading" or rather, being read to, but it's not quite the same as sticking your nose in a book.
Instead of reading Siege & Storm as I SO want to do, I have been working on yarncrawlla.com and misstammywrites.com. Click through to check them out! Especially Miss Tammy Blackwell's site, because she's the author of the paranormal YA Timber Wolves series, and Victoria Faye just made her some super-cool swag!
Don't look too closely!
The winner gets to choose one of these possible prizes:
- A complete print set of the Timber Wolves trilogy OR
- A Timber Wolves shirt OR
- A Timber Wolves tote bag OR
- A Timber Wolves 8"x8" art print and all 4 Tammy Blackwell eBooks.
That's the shirt. You get to pick the color!
- Open to US only.
- We are not responsible for items lost in the mail.
- One set of entries per household, please.
- If you are under 13, please get a parent or guardian's permission to enter, as you will be sharing personal info such as an email address.
- Winner will be chosen randomly via Rafflecopter widget a day or two after the contest ends.
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond to to the email, otherwise we will pick a new winner.
- If you have any questions, feel free to email us. You can review our full contest policy here.
- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY PERSONAL INFO IN THE COMMENTS. Sorry for the caps but we always get people leaving their email in the comments. Rafflecopter will collect all that without having personal info in the comments for all the world (and spambots) to find.
Which prize would you choose if you won? Tell me what and why in the comments!