In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren (inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie) where you can show off the books that you got last week.
From the lovely Kellie at Walden Pond Press, I got The Fellowship for Alien Detection by Kevin Emerson. It sounds like a great middle grade sci-fi fantasy novel about two unlikely friends, a wacky summer adventure, and creatures not of this earth. Cool!
This photo is a bit dark. I was distracted by my cat walking through the shot. (Hi, Marsy-Mars.) I bought This Is Not My Hat and House Held Up By Trees (text by Poet Laureate Ted Kooser, who is absolutely brilliant), both illustrated by Jon Klassen. TINMH is Jon's follow-up to I Want My Hat Back, another darkly funny picture book and one of the best from last year.
Because I made a widget:
Also in the above photo is the UK cover for Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor. The book just came out today and I'm going to see her at Barnes & Noble in Glendale on Friday, Nov 16! I hope you can go too--I always love a good book signing.
I just got this info from Kristen at B&N: "Those who attend the event at our store will be entered in a raffle to receive a piece of jewelry from the exclusive Daughter of Smoke & Bone jewelry collection." Sweet! You can find details on Laini's blog, here.
You can check out the widget in the right-hand column. The book release is Tuesday, Nov 6!
To celebrate, I'm giving away the autographed UK copy of Days of Blood and Starlight that Laini sent me for making the countdown widget :) I'll be buying my own hardcover at the author event.
Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below. US addresses only, please!
- Open to US only.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- One set of entries per household please.
- If you are under 13, please get a parent or guardian's permission to enter, as you will be sharing personal info such as an email address.
- Winner will be chosen randomly via Rafflecopter widget a day or two after the contest ends.
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond to to the email, otherwise we will pick a new winner.
- If you have any questions, feel free to email us. You can review our full contest policy here.
- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY PERSONAL INFO IN THE COMMENTS. Sorry for the caps but we always get people leaving their email in the comments. Rafflecopter will collect all that without having personal info in the comments for all the world (and spambots) to find. Thanks and good luck!