Hello, everyone! I'm thrilled to be spotlighting Elana K. Arnold's latest middle grade book, A BOY CALLED BAT! Read on for more about the book, a bit about Elana, and an excerpt from the book. There is also a giveaway where 5 winners will be selected to get a copy of the book! Thanks to Jean Book Nerd and Walden Pond Press for including us in the blog tour.Read More
FTC Disclosure: Thanks to Marvel Press for sending me The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl by Shannon and Dean Hale, and 2 branded Squirrel Girl "squirrel ears". Marvel Press is also providing the book and prize for the winner. Open to US only, giveaway ends Feb 21, 2017.Read More
FTC disclosure: The publisher provided a signed copy for this giveaway.
Hi everyone! Just popping in really quick to wish a belated happy book birthday to Eric Kahn Gale's The Wizard's Dog, which came out yesterday! Check out some info about the book and author, then continue on to the Rafflecopter widget to enter the giveaway--because of course there is a giveaway!
If you follow our Instagram account, you all probably know I'm a cat person. But hey, really I'm an equal-opportunity cute animal person--I like dogs, too! (I even like spiders.) And reading a bit about the wizard's dog--well, let's just say I'm pretty sure I'd love this dog.
About the book
The Wizard's Dog (published by Random House Children's Books - Jan 17, 2017)
By Eric Kahn Gale
Illustrated by Dave Phillips
Meet Nosewise. He’s spunky. He’s curious. And he’s a dog who can’t understand why his pack mates Merlin and Morgana spend all day practicing magic tricks. If it’s a trick they want, he’s the dog to ask! He can already Sit!, Stay!, and Roll Over!
But there’s no way Nosewise is Stay!ing when his master and best friend, Merlin, is kidnapped. There’s nothing Nosewise won’t do to get Merlin back, even if it means facing the strange Fae people and their magic-eating worms, or tangling with the mysterious Sword in the Stone. But it may take more than sniffing out a spell to do it!
Nosewise’s hilarious escapades and steadfast loyalty get him and his companions through King Arthur’s Dark Ages.
Watch the Trailer
About the Author
Eric Kahn Gale lives in Chicago, IL with his wife and his dog, Bowser--the inspiration for Nosewise in The Wizard's Dog.
All righty! On with the giveaway!
The prize: 1 signed hardcover copy of The Wizard's Dog by Eric Kahn Gale
The winner: 1 entrant in the United States chosen randomly via the Rafflecopter widget
- Open to the US only, ends 1/28/2017.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway. Void where prohibited.
- We and the publisher are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- One set of entries per household please.
- If you are under 13, please get a parent or guardian's permission to enter, as you will be sharing personal info such as an email address.
- Winner will be chosen randomly via Rafflecopter widget a day or two after the contest ends.
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond to to the email, otherwise we will pick a new winner.
- If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY PERSONAL INFO IN THE COMMENTS. Sorry for the caps, but we always get people leaving their email in the comments. Rafflecopter will collect all that without having personal info in the comments for all the world (and spambots) to find.
What better way to get in the right mood for a new Lunar Chronicles book than to let one lucky reader win my extra signed copy of Stars Above? Trick question: there is no better way!Read More
Here's to a new year of reading, writing, and making stuff. Let's go, 2017!Read More