FTC disclosure: I received a free digital ebook copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I was supposed to post about LEMONS by Melissa Savage a few days ago, but I have just had lemon after lemon handed to me this week. I had planned to have a review ready for this blog tour, but with my cat being sick and myself not feeling so well, that didn't happen. :(
But I still want to tell you all about this really great middle grade book, so please read on and check out the info about the book and the author, then enter the giveaway I am sponsoring--open worldwide!
Sit back, relax, and maybe pour yourself some lemonade... I'm going to try to make the best of my lemons, too.
About the Book
The search for Bigfoot gets juicy in this funny and touching story that’s perfect for fans of Kate DiCamillo’s Flora & Ulysses and Katherine Applegate’s Crenshaw!
Lemonade Liberty Witt’s mama always told her: When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But Lem can’t possibly make lemonade out of her new life in Willow Creek, California—the Bigfoot Capital of the World—where she’s forced to live with a grandfather she’s never met after her mother passes away.
Then she meets eleven-year-old Tobin Sky, the CEO of Bigfoot Detectives Inc., who is the sole Bigfoot investigator for their small town. After he invites Lem to be his assistant for the summer, they set out on an epic adventure to capture a shot of the elusive beast on film. But along the way, Lem and Tobin end up discovering more than they ever could have imagined. And Lem realizes that maybe she can make lemonade out of her new life after all.
"I love books about feisty girls and nerdy boys. Melissa Savage's astoundingly good debut novel is packed with humor, mystery, friendship, family secrets, and even Bigfoot! I think you'll love it, too."
--Karen Cushman, Newbery Medalist for The Midwife's Apprentice
About the Author
Melissa D. Savage is a writer and a child and family therapist. Her desire to write purposeful, issue-driven books for young people, coupled with her interest in cryptozoology and the mystery of Bigfoot, inspired her to write Lemons. Melissa lives in Minneapolis. You can follow her on Twitter at @melissadsavage, and visit her at melissadsavage.com.
I'm sponsoring this giveaway so it can be open to our readers all over the world. Good luck!
1 winner will be chosen using the Rafflecopter widget below.
- Open worldwide, ends 5/23/2017.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway. Void where prohibited.
- We are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- One set of entries per household please.
- If you are under 13, please get a parent or guardian's permission to enter, as you will be sharing personal info such as an email address.
- Winner will be chosen randomly via Rafflecopter widget a day or two after the contest ends.
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond to to the email, otherwise we will pick a new winner.
- If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY PERSONAL INFO IN THE COMMENTS. Sorry for the caps, but we always get people leaving their email in the comments. Rafflecopter will collect all that without having personal info in the comments for all the world (and spambots) to find.