I received a copy of this picture book for free from the publisher in exchange for a sponsored giveaway and an honest review.
Have I got a treat for you!
Quarto Publishing is sponsoring a giveaway of the new picture book, FOOTLOOSE, by Kenny Loggins & Dean Pitchford, illustrated by Tim Bowers. I was just starting out as a picture book reader myself when the song came out over 30 years ago. And while I couldn't understand why I wasn't allowed to watch the movie of the same name, you can bet I knew all the words (or made up my own) to Kenny Loggins's popular song. Especially this part:
Loggins and Pitchford's re-imagination of the classic toe-tapping tune keeps all of the song's best elements (like the extremely yell-able and infectious chorus) and mashes it up with a zoo full of music lovers. The new book depicts the song with a varied menagerie cutting loose (Footloose! See, you can't help but sing along). It comes with a CD with both "Footloose" (the new animal version, anyway) and a bonus track called "Monkey Town Medley". This would be great for a young reader who loves music, dancing, and critters of all kinds. Kids will have fun pointing out and naming all of the colorful characters/animals. Bigger kids might be able to discern the symbolism in the animals' costumes (the wolf pack, for example, looks like they're puttin' on the Ritz, while the elephant DJ is definitely sporting some bling in the form of solid gold peanuts). Bowers's energetic illustrations are festive and cheerful, lending just the right air of whimsy (so Lulu the snake's wiggle is less scary and more funny).
Check out more info below and enter to win using the Rafflecopter widget.
Watch the Trailer
The lucky winner (US mailing addresses only) gets 1 copy of FOOTLOOSE (book with CD), lyrics by Kenny Loggins & Dean Pitchford, illustrated by Tim Bowers.
- Open to the US only, ends 11/15/2016.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway. Void where prohibited.
- We and the publisher/publicity department are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- One set of entries per household please.
- If you are under 13, please get a parent or guardian's permission to enter, as you will be sharing personal info such as an email address.
- Winner will be chosen randomly via Rafflecopter widget a day or two after the contest ends.
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond to to the email, otherwise we will pick a new winner.
- If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY PERSONAL INFO IN THE COMMENTS. Sorry for the caps, but we always get people leaving their email in the comments. Rafflecopter will collect all that without having personal info in the comments for all the world (and spambots) to find.
Good luck, everyone!