Welcome to the 2015 Spooktacular Giveaway Hop hosted by I Am a Reader, Not a Writer!
I couldn't decide on a spooky enough YA book to giveaway, so 1 winner gets to pick their own prize (must be a spooky YA book up to $18 USD!). My giveaway is open internationally. That's right! Also, mine is open early, don't be surprised if some of the other posts aren't up yet. You can always check back on or after the 15th.
Once you enter, please leave a comment about what your spooky book suggestion would be (you get points for that, too!) and then go visit another blog on the hop. I'm sure they would love to have you enter their giveaways. Good luck!
In case you need some inspiration, here is the spooky list of which I could not pick just 1 book to give away:
As much of a scaredy-cat as Katie Alender may claim she is, she writes some creep-tastic books. The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall is her latest.
Pretty much anything Gretchen McNeil writes will make your spine tingle. Don't miss Get Even and its sequel, Get Dirty, in which a revenge society aimed at making bullies and mean girls suffer must find a killer before they get blamed for crimes they didn't commit.
Kami Garcia's solo books freak me out so bad, you guys. No sophomore slump for Unmarked, which followed Unbreakable. I am patiently patiently waiting for Untitled Legion Book 3. Patiently not because there are other books to read (although yeah, there is that) but because I trust that Kami's taking the time to make it just as chilling as the first two.
I am kicking myself because I saw Ransom Riggs at a party last night and I could have bought Library of Souls there and gotten it signed, but I was shy because of course he's there with his wife and (Tahereh Mafi, doncha know) I didn't want to barge in to their conversation with friends since they'd just arrived. Sigh.
I have really mixed feelings about The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich, which I will tell you about when I write my review in a little while. But from the cover alone, don't you already feel the hair rising on the back of your neck? Short pitch, girl with dissociative identity disorder loses one of her personalities--except, it's the one everyone thinks is the alter-ego who's left behind. *shudder*
I confess, I was too chicken to read Shutter by Courtney Alameda last year. But now that American Horror Story is back (with Hotel), I'm feeling a little like... I could probably handle reading this in a crowded room in the middle of a brightly lit day. Yeah.
Enough about me! What spooky book do you want to win?
- Open internationally wherever Book Depository ships, ends 10/31/2015.
- No purchase is necessary to enter a giveaway. Void where prohibited.
- We and the publisher are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- One set of entries per household please.
- If you are under 13, please get a parent or guardian's permission to enter, as you will be sharing personal info such as an email address.
- Winner will be chosen randomly via Rafflecopter widget a day or two after the contest ends.
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond to to the email, otherwise we will pick a new winner.
- If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY PERSONAL INFO IN THE COMMENTS. Sorry for the caps, but we always get people leaving their email in the comments. Rafflecopter will collect all that without having personal info in the comments for all the world (and spambots) to find.