You know, I actually kind of hate it when bloggers make a big announcement about going on hiatus (or coming back from one, or whatever). It's like the "man behind the curtain" moment--I'd rather not see. So this is not going to turn into that. I'm just going to tell you what fun stuff I've been doing instead of blogging (which is also fun, but in a much more time-consuming way than you might imagine).
- I have really revived my passion for knitting and sewing. I have my pals at Twisted Stitches to thank for that. I just finished a scarf and I'm starting a pair of gloves for a Christmas gift. I plan to make myself some dresses as soon as I finish all of my Christmas crafting!
- I have been exercising on and off just to maintain my weight so I could pig out like I wanted to on Thanksgiving (mission accomplished) but I sprained my ankle the other night, so no running for a bit :(
- My husband got me hooked on Serial, a nonfiction podcast that unfolds a single story week by week.
- I am binge-watching Criminal Minds. Great tv fare for both ankle-elevating and knitting (and very occasional blogging).
- I'm trying to toilet-train my cats (to use the actual toilet!). Week one is almost over and so far, zilch. But apparently it's to be expected with a two-cat household.
- I got a new bookshelf. Hallelujah! I am trying NOT to double-stack this one, but it does reach floor-to-ceiling.
- I made pumpkin cream cheese bars, which smelled so bad during the making (due to gelatin and egg white components) that I swore I'd never make it again, but tasted so good afterwards, I had to give most of it away so I wouldn't eat it all myself.
- I was in the same room (well, theatre) as John Cleese and Eric Idle. Watch here.
- Aveeno sent me this huge box of Positively Radiant stuff! If you're in the US, you can enter to win by
I got a new MacBook Air. OMG. OMG. Ok, I'll be honest, the feel of the keys under my fingers is totally why I'm blogging again.
:) More soon!