Hey everyone! Today I'm featuring a book from Lee & Low's Tu Books imprint, a debut novel by M.K. Hutchins. I actually only got the book in the mail a few days ago, so I haven't finished reading enough to write a review yet. But that doesn't mean I can't share some info about it with you!
I like what I've read so far, so I've also decided to offer a giveaway of the hardcover (open internationally, ends 7/3/2014). Make sure you get all the way down to the end of the post and use the Rafflecopter widget to enter the giveaway.
On to the book!
Drift by M.K. Hutchins
Publication date: 15 June 2014 by Lee & Low/Tu Books
ISBN 10/13: 1620141450 | 9781620141458
About the book:
Tenjat lives on the shores of Hell, an ocean filled with ravenous naga monsters. His island, a massive Turtle, is slowed by the people living on its back. Only those poor enough to need children to support themselves in old age condescend to the shame of marriage. Tenjat is poor as poor gets, but he has a plan.
In the center of the island rises a giant Tree, where the Handlers—those who defend and rule the island—live. Against his sister’s wishes, Tenjat joins the Handlers. He couldn’t have picked a more dangerous time. The Turtle is nearing a coral reef where it desperately needs to feed, but the naga will swarm just before they reach it. Even novices like Tenjat are needed for the battle.
Can Tenjat discover his sister’s secrets in time? Will the possibility of love derail all his plans for a richer, marriage-free life? Long-held secrets will at last be revealed in this breathtaking debut from M. K. Hutchins.
About the author:
M.K. Hutchins's short fiction appears in Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show and Daily Science Fiction. She studied archaeology at BYU, which gave her the opportunity to compile histories from Maya glyphs, excavate in Belize, and work as a faunal analyst. Drift is her debut novel.
Are you intrigued?
Blog Tour Schedule
June 25: Read Now Sleep Later – Spotlight and
- Open internationally.
- We are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- One set of entries per household please.
- If you are under 13, please get a parent or guardian's permission to enter, as you will be sharing personal info such as an email address.
- Winner will be chosen randomly via Rafflecopter widget a day or two after the contest ends.
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond to to the email, otherwise we will pick a new winner.
- If you have any questions, feel free to email us. You can review our full contest policy here.
- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY PERSONAL INFO IN THE COMMENTS. Sorry for the caps but we always get people leaving their email in the comments. Rafflecopter will collect all that without having personal info in the comments for all the world (and spambots) to find. Thanks, and good luck!